* I made this I AM AWESOME garland for Owen, so he (and I) can remember everyday how awesome he is. Carnivalee Freak font at 950 printed out on paper, traced onto paint chips, and cut out.
My weekend was more relaxed than last weekend.
- Made progress on my quilt! I have only 4 more rows to do for top quilt. whew! I would show ya some pics, but I figure it will be better with a big reveal. Don't ya think?
-Attended a lovely baby shower for a great friend of mine who's daughter is expecting. Check out this cake! You can see more of Maria's work at The Cakerator.
-Started refinishing the dresser for my kitchen. It's coming along so well, and I am picking up paint today, hopefully! I will share with you this week what I have done so far. Here's Owen helping daddy fix one little piece. I promise our son has clothes. :) (If you have not been reading long, I tend post pics of Owen with just a diaper on and he's typically dirty. I don't know. It just happens this way.)
-Started reading Hunger Games! Oh my!! I know I am late in the game, but I am glad I started it before I see the movie on Sat.
-Tortured Walker with Owen's pajama pants.
So my weekend was pretty good. Last week Danny included me in a little Q &A post on her blog, so here are my answers to her questions. I am sharing them with you because you (and Danny!) get to know me a little better.
1. What is your favorite Tom Hanks movie?
- Oh, this is a toughie. None. Sorry folks!
2. What is your favorite lunch spot and what do you order there?
- Lilly's for sure. Some of the best pizza in town. I love their garden salad with homemade ranch.
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Maybe you should check this out. I put a few of them there. I typically put my foot in my mouth (not literally guys), so that's always embarrassing.
4. What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?
- try to pay tithing, but i know the church won't take it. after that, i would pay off my mortgage, and somehow help out my family without "handing out" money. i would want them to be responsible, and i would want to find a way to help them financially without them depending on the lottery win. i would let my dad retire. he's in his 70's and he still works a full time job. oh, and i would buy a pig. two pigs. one for a pet and one for bacon. oh, and cow for ice cream.
5. Which fabric store has the best fat quarter bundles and which one is your favorite bundle?
- oh, this one is tough. i really love a lot of fabric stores, but i will name just a few that come to my head. poppyseed fabrics, hawthorne threads, fabric worm, and pink chalk fabrics. my favorite at the moment. commute by birch fabrics
6. I'm coming over for breakfast and bringing the juice. Which kind should I pick up?
- a bag of oranges and a pound of bacon!
7. Who is your favorite artist?
- wow, this one is hard too. holli zollinger because she is so talented in design. i really see her going far. when it comes to art, i really like m.c. escher , van gogh, and ansel adams.
8. Which song reminds you of your high school years?
- pearl jam, collective soul, bjork, red hot chili peppers, tool, rage against the machine, tori amos, REM, oasis, cranberries, melissa etheridge, TLC, and blind melon to name a few *all i have to do to reminiscence about my high school days is listen to 90s alternative/grunge station on pandora
9. What is your favorite item to make?
- I liked Danny's answer- her baby! ha! I enjoy making anything that is useful or enjoyed by my family. I'm really enjoying making my quilt, so I am sure there will be more to come in the future!
10. Which is your favorite flower?
- I really don't have one, but I think gerber daisies are fun because of their colors and size
11. Which sewing machine do you use? Does it have a name? Tell me about it.
- I inherited my mom's sewing machine. It is a necchi, and it works okay. I'm happy to have it though. I've put it through a lot of abuse since I started using it two years ago.
So I thought it would be fun to ask you guys a few questions. Don't worry, I kept it small. :)
1. Where do you wish you could live?
2. If you blog, what's your favorite post on your blog? (include the link so we can see!)
3. Do you like to barter? If so, what are some of your skills?
4. If you love fabric or design, who is your favorite artist?
5. Are you a night owl or a morning person?