7.01.2011

about







Oh my goodness!  You are here!  Thank you!

Here are some things you may want to know about me and my blog.

  •  The name owen's olivia comes from my name and my son's.
  • I currently live in Raleigh, NC while my husband attends school for electrical engineering.
  • I am a stay-at-home mom.  It's my full-time job.
  • I blog in real time about my life, which includes home projects/decorating and lots of sewing.  I'm trying to turn my temporary, single family house into a home.  This blog is a mixture of home design, crafts, and sewing.  Designing and creating bring peace and happiness into my life.  Okay, that last bit sounded a little cheesey, but it sounded way better in my head.
  •  I love thrifting, fabric, discovering new talents, and most DIY projects.    
  •  My blog definitely reflects the things I enjoy and my desire to include more beauty in my life.    I know most people focus on just one thing to blog about, but I like it all and find it hard, at least at this point in my blog, to narrow it down to one field.  
  •  I inherited my mom's sewing machine, a Necchi, a few years ago, but it sat in my closet for a long time.   She passed away when I was 15.  Two years ago, I pulled out the Necchi and taught myself to sew.   Update- I purchased a Bernina 550QE in August of 2012.  So far I am loving it!


  •  I am thirty something, but I tend to think I am still in my twenties.  When I see my crow's feet, reality sets back in.
    • I love design, especially interior and textile. 
    • I take on more projects than I can handle, and I am trying, unsuccessfully, to learn to do things one at a time.
    • I tend to waste a lot time, and I hate it.  I procrastinate too.
    • I can be socially shy in person.
    • I take care of ten chickens.
    • I love chocolate, Garth Brooks, and Death Cab.   
    • This blog wouldn't be possible without the constant support of my husband and a two year old who still takes naps.


    Thanks for stopping in!

    You can contact via email at owensoliviaAThotmailDOTcom, or you can click the banner under my picture on the left hand side of this blog.








    19 comments:

    1. Is your name Olivia or Nancy? I'm confused...

      ReplyDelete
    2. I found your blog through YHL and was reading your about me and noticed you have a German Short Hair Pointer, and it always makes me smile when other people have them because I love our dog! Love your blog and Owen's new room :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Owen's room is awesome! I think most of us creative people tend to have lots of projects going at once...I know I always do!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Since there are so few other girls named Nancy around my age, I think I have to keep coming back to see what you're up to. :) I'm kind of in awe that you taught yourself to sew. I would love to have that skill. But I'm maybe too impatient. Or hate practicing. Like my son, I want to be good immediately. Love your son's room. You have talent!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yay for another Nancy! We are a lot alike. I usually want to be good at something right away and pout like a baby if it goes wrong the first time. Sewing does take time, but anyone can do it! I think if you can find a good teacher who is patient, you could really enjoy sewing. I still have much to learn, but I have noticed a considerable difference in my skills from a year ago.

        Delete
    5. LOVE the chevron curtains, great job...the room is awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi,

      I love your style & have a super-font-geek question: What's the name of the font used for the "hello" at the top of your blog? Thanks for sharing!!

      Kristen Card :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Just found your blog while searching for tips to make a bird mobile. I LOVE IT! Love the bullets and straight forward language. Owen's room and the wall are adorable. Then, just as I scroll down to see more pics, I see a GSP. I HAVE ONE TOO! You have now become one to watch! Great luck to you and your family! jane

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! It saddens me to say that we have parted from our GSP. It's a sad story that I'm not ready to share with readers yet. I sure do
        miss him though!

        Delete
    8. I'm so sorry to hear that. Mine is 9, and love love of our family. I can only imagine how hard that must have been.

      ReplyDelete
    9. You're adorable! And we're neighbors.....TN Yo! I'm glad I found your blog.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Hi Nancy,
      I am just now discovering your blog. I stumbled upon it when doing a google search for quilt link parties. I just finished my third little quilt and am trying to "show it off" a bit, haha! It is so beautiful here, I think I am going to stay awhile and explore! I am now following you through Bloglovin' and through e-mail (as I don't want to miss any of your posts!)

      So nice to meet you!!!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh, I laughed...your husband and your two year old who still takes naps. My two year old is now 28 and he and my husband BOTH still take naps, lol!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Nancy,
      I work with Cassity over at Remodelaholic.com -- I just sent you an email (from hello@remodelaholic.com), but my messages have been getting caught in spam filters lately, so I wanted to leave you a comment here to let you know to watch for it, just in case. :) Thanks!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...