Oh my goodness! You are here! Thank you!
Here are some things you may want to know about me and my blog.
- The name owen's olivia comes from my name and my son's.
- I currently live in Raleigh, NC while my husband attends school for electrical engineering.
- I am a stay-at-home mom. It's my full-time job.
- I blog in real time about my life, which includes home projects/decorating and lots of sewing. I'm trying to turn my temporary, single family house into a home. This blog is a mixture of home design, crafts, and sewing. Designing and creating bring peace and happiness into my life. Okay, that last bit sounded a little cheesey, but it sounded way better in my head.
- I love thrifting, fabric, discovering new talents, and most DIY projects.
- My blog definitely reflects the things I enjoy and my desire to include more beauty in my life. I know most people focus on just one thing to blog about, but I like it all and find it hard, at least at this point in my blog, to narrow it down to one field.
- I inherited my mom's sewing machine, a Necchi, a few years ago, but it sat in my closet for a long time. She passed away when I was 15. Two years ago, I pulled out the Necchi and taught myself to sew. Update- I purchased a Bernina 550QE in August of 2012. So far I am loving it!
- I am thirty something, but I tend to think I am still in my twenties. When I see my crow's feet, reality sets back in.
- I love design, especially interior and textile.
- I take on more projects than I can handle, and I am trying, unsuccessfully, to learn to do things one at a time.
- I tend to waste a lot time, and I hate it. I procrastinate too.
- I can be socially shy in person.
- I'm Mormon.
- I take care of ten chickens.
- I love chocolate, Garth Brooks, and Death Cab.
- This blog wouldn't be possible without the constant support of my husband and a two year old who still takes naps.
Thanks for stopping in!
You can contact via email at owensoliviaAThotmailDOTcom, or you can click the banner under my picture on the left hand side of this blog.